Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version.
You can cook Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version
- You need 1-1/2 pound of yellow Crook-necked squash.
- You need 4 cups of Ritz crackers crushed.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 cup of diced ham.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese topping.
- It’s 1 cup of panko breadcrumbs topping.
Squash and Ham Casserole the simple version step by step
- Dice the ham add to a pot and cook. Let the fat render a bit..
- Slice the squash. Add to the ham. Add salt and cover. Cook 10 minutes. Stir and add the water..
- Cook the squash till render and falling apart. Allow to cool 30 minutes..
- Take the crackers and crush. Add the liquids of the squash, along with the squash and ham. Add the butter and mix well..
- Mix in the cheese. Add to a dish to bake in. Shake it to get even. Add cheese and breadcrumbs on top and put into oven for 45 minutes, till topping is cooked, and casserole is bubbly..
- Let rest 12 minutes before serving. I hope you enjoy!!!.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad