Butternut Squash Soup. It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Fortunately for you, it could not be easier.
This deep golden soup is as pretty as it is yummy. If you'd like, you can intensify the garlic flavor by adding an extra bulb. Smoked paprika-spiced popcorn serves as an unusual, yet genius, topper to this recipe that can be cooked up in under an hour. You can make Butternut Squash Soup using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- It’s 2 (12 ounce) of packages frozen peeled, diced butternut squash (5 cups).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 1 cup of Almond Breeze Original almond milk or Almond Breeze Original Unsweetened almond milk.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of fresh lemon juice.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of ground pepper.
- It’s 4 teaspoons of sliced green onion, divided.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of ground ginger.
- You need of Coarsely ground black pepper.
- You need 4 teaspoons of toasted pumpkin seeds, divided.
The farmer's market is stocked with beautiful squashes and pumpkins this time of year. I bought this beautiful squash and got inspired to paint my kitchen the same color. This soup is so easy to make, and takes a very short time. Enjoy this any time of the year, as it can be served cold or hot, depending on the season.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Cook squash according to package instructions; set aside..
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until softened..
- Stir in the cooked squash and vegetable broth. Remove from heat. Transfer to a blender and process 1 minute or until smooth. Return mixture to pan. Return pan to heat. Stir in almond milk, lemon juice, salt, ginger, and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until soup is heated through..
- Divide among 4 bowls and top each with 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds, 1 teaspoon green onions, and pepper..
It is healthy and goes with any meal. You're just a few ingredients away from this incredibly delicious, comforting, and healthy soup. It's a healthy, hearty, delicious single serving meal!