You can have Fish Cutlet using 17 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Fish Cutlet
- It’s 4 of Large Fish Pieces (Black Pompret).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- You need As needed of Salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Pepper Powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Eastern Fish Masala.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Mustard Oil.
- It’s 2 of Potatoes (Steamed and Mashed).
- Prepare 2 of Onions (Chopped).
- You need 5-6 of Green Chillies (Chopped).
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Coriander Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of Coriander Leaves.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 1 cup of Breadcrumbs.
Fish Cutlet step by step
- Firstly, wash the fish nicely. Marinate fish with lemon juice, salt, turmeric powder, pepper powder, cumin powder and fish masala. Marinate for few hours or overnight..
- Heat mustard oil and fry the fish lightly. When cool, clean it by removing all the skins and thorns and keep aside..
- Wash and steam the potatoes. Peel the skin and mash it well using a potato masher. Keep aside..
- Heat Oil. Add onions and green chillies and saute till the onions are translucent. Add ginger and garlic paste and saute till the raw smell leaves. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and chopped coriander leaves and saute well..
- Add the cooked fish. Mash it well. Cook for few minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool..
- Add the mashed potatoes to the fish mixture and mix well..
- For making the cutlets, take a portion of the mixture, the size of a tennis ball, roll it into a ball and flatten it slightly to form cutlet shape. Keep it in the refrigerator for 1 or 2 hours to set..
- Break the eggs in a bowl. Add salt and beat it well. Pour breadcrumbs onto a plate and keep it ready. Keep ready a plate lined with absorbent kitchen paper..
- Dip the fish cutlet in the egg and turn over making sure it gets coated all over. Coat the cutlets with the breadcrumbs making sure the cutlets are well coated so you get a good crunch..
- In a frying pan, heat oil. Carefully place the fish cutlets in the hot oil and shallow fry till golden brown. Flip them and fry on the other side till crispy and golden brown. Once they are cooked, place them on the paper towel lined plate to drain. Repeat with the remaining cutlets. Serve hot..
recipe by Rosalyn_Kitchen @cookpad