Vegan Ramen with soy milk and seasonal veg 🌱. Get The Recipe On My Website! Love ramen but feeling a bit lazy? This instant ramen hack using soy milk will allow you to make a delicious vegan ramen dish that feels restaurant quality!
The soy milk ramen in Japan is not necessarily vegetarian or vegan-friendly. This Vegan Soy Milk Ramen has as much umami flavour as its meaty counterpart, but it's much lighter and I personally find it much easier to digest. This vegan broth is flavoured with nutty sesame, sweet miso, meaty shiitake mushrooms (bonus points if you can add one or two dried shiitake mushroom too. You can make Vegan Ramen with soy milk and seasonal veg 🌱 using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Ramen with soy milk and seasonal veg 🌱
- You need of Ramen noodles (around a handful per person).
- Prepare of soy milk.
- Prepare of dashi stock (see vegan dashi recipe separately).
- You need of shiitake and straw mushrooms.
- Prepare of 1 tablespoon of miso.
- You need of Kombu seaweed (optional).
- It’s of nori seaweed.
- You need of ginger (optional).
- You need of veg of your choice (I used carrot and sliced cabbage).
Dried mushrooms and miso paste give the broth plenty of umami flavour. Crush the garlic with the back of a big knife, then put it in a saucepan with the ginger, miso, neri goma, mushrooms, stock and soy. See more ideas about vegan ramen, vegetarian recipes, recipes. Vegan Ramen Recipe: A Dorm Room Hack
Vegan Ramen with soy milk and seasonal veg 🌱 instructions
- Cook the ramen noodles according to instructions. I like them firm and so I add the noodles and bring to the boil, turn off the heat and leave to soak for 5 minute before draining..
- Heat the soy milk or ramen stock and add dashi stock, miso and mushrooms. If you wish you can add a little crushed ginger. Heat gently, being careful not to boil as the soup will foam. Taste and add a little more miso or dashI stock to your preference. Heat gently for around 10 minutes..
- Add the veg of your choice. I like them to be crispy so I just heat through. Place the noodles in a bowl, add a strip of nori and pour the soup on to the noodles..
- You can top the soup with toppings to your taste. Pickles, pickled veg, toasted sesame seeds, garlic or ginger, chilli powder, pickled cucumbers or cooked tofu..
recipe by Rachel @cookpad
The new vegan A silky bowl of noodles made rich with soy milk and topped with crunchy vegetables. Vegan instant ramen is an easy meal to make if you're a student, feeling lazy, low on groceries, or just needing an easy, quick fix for comfort food. Vegetarian and vegan ramen can absolutely be as good as its meat-based counterparts. You introduce your favorite noodles to a rich, miso-scallion You can really personalize it. This version delivers a rich miso-scallion nut milk broth.