Dates Halwa Nutritious with No added Sugar.
You can make Dates Halwa Nutritious with No added Sugar using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Dates Halwa Nutritious with No added Sugar
- Prepare of Dates (I used Fard).
- It’s of hot water for soaking.
- Prepare of ghee.
- You need of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare of water to make slurry.
- You need of cardamom powder.
- You need of chopped Cashew nuts.
Dates Halwa Nutritious with No added Sugar instructions
- Soak dates in hot water for 30 mins in a bowl. Cover it..
- Dry roast whole wheat flour. Let it cool then mix with water to make a smooth slurry..
- Now blend soaked dates to a smooth paste and transfer to a pan. Add 1/4 cup ghee and mix well..
- Cook on a medium flame, keep stirring until the ghee is absorbed. Again add 2 tbsp of ghee and cook until the mixture thickens and looks shiny. It takes approx. 15 mins..
- Pour whole wheat flour slurry and mix well. Continue to cook while stirring continuously. Mixture gets thicken and turns glossy after 10-15 mins..
- Fry cashew in some ghee. Add fried cashew, cardamom powder to halwa and mix well..
- Transfer the halwa mixture to a greased plate or tray. Level it up and let it rest until it is set completely..
- Cut into pieces with a sharp knife. Enjoy dates halwa. It can store in the refrigerator for a week..
recipe by food_my_soul @cookpad