Biscuits and gravy breakfast bake. Spoon the sausage gravy over the top, and cover with remaining cheese. Breakfast never sounded better than this Biscuits and Gravy Bake from Delish.com. Remove from heat and pour gravy over par-baked biscuits, then top with remaining biscuits.
Homemade biscuits call for just six ingredients: all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, butter, and milk. And then more butter once they're finished baking because of course we need more butter. I mentioned that these biscuits are easy so do not be alarmed by all the tips that I have for you below. You can make Biscuits and gravy breakfast bake using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Biscuits and gravy breakfast bake
- You need 1 lb of hot or mild country sausage.
- You need 6 of eggs beaten with a little salt.
- You need 8 oz of cheese of choice, I used cheddar, shredded.
- Prepare 2 1/4 cup of baking mix.
- You need 2/3 cup of milk.
- It’s 4 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- Prepare 2 of white country gravy packets.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
Biscuits, eggs, gravy, sausage, and Cheddar cheese are baked together using this biscuits and gravy casserole recipe for the ultimate comfort food. I got this recipe at a church potluck. All the flavors blend really well. I've made it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Biscuits and gravy breakfast bake instructions
- Preheat oven to 375. Brown sausage, most of the way,in the pan you’re going to bake the casserole in. mine had very little fat in it so I didn’t drain..
- In a separate pan or skillet, melt the butter and scramble the eggs MOST of the way, and spread over sausage. Sprinkle with cheese..
- In a bowl, make your drop biscuits with the baking mix and milk. Using an ice cream scoop sprayed with cooking spray, dollop out your biscuits on top and sprinkle more cheese around the biscuits. I leave a crust edge because we love crispy browned cheese. Bake til biscuits are golden brown, about 20 minutes or less..
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of Water to a boil with 2 packets of white country gravy packets. Bring to a boil whisking almost constantly. Remove from heat. Slice a piece of casserole and cover with gravy!.
So far every time I've served it, I. Biscuits: Combine and sift dry ingredients. Add buttermilk and knead on a floured board. This CLASSIC Biscuits And Gravy Recipe Is One Everyone Knows And Loves! Delicious Buttery Biscuits Smothered In A Homemade Sausage Gravy!