Black Forest Cake. Black Forest gâteau (British English) or Black Forest cake (American English) is a chocolate sponge cake with a rich cherry filling based on the German dessert Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte. The best black forest cake recipe I've tried, and I've tried a lot. The cake baked up beautifully, the cherries were perfect, and the whole thing just came together wonderfully.
To me, a Black Forest Cake is a party cake. What says "celebration" more than chocolate cake, Kirsch flavored Morello cherries, and loads of sweet whipped cream? As its name implies, Black Forest. You can make Black Forest Cake using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Black Forest Cake
- It’s 1 1/2 Cups of All Purpose Flour.
- It’s 3/4 Cup of Sugar Powdered.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Cocoa Powder.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Butter.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda.
- You need 1 Cup of Milk , lukewarm.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Vanilla Essence.
- It’s 30 of Cherries Fresh.
- Prepare 10 of Strawberries.
- You need 1 Cup of Sugar Granulated.
- It’s 1 Teaspoon of Rose Syrup Rose Water or Water.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Whisky Brandy Or.
- It’s 11/2 Cups of Whipping Cream Heavy.
- Prepare of Chocolate Semi Sweet.
This deliciously moist Black Forest Cake is a cut above the rest with homemade whipped cream, rich chocolate ganache, and sweet spiked cherries. Black Forest Cake is one rich and decadent cake. Homemade cake, sour cherry filling, and topped with whipped cream. Everything about this rich black forest cake is mouthwatering.
Black Forest Cake step by step
- Sift baking Soda and flour, keep it aside. Mix Cocoa powder in milk and keep it aside.(Make sure that there are no lumps in the mixture.) Pre heat the oven to 350 degree F.
- Using a mixer, whip butter and sugar until it becomes soft and smooth.Add egg into this mixture and whip until the mixture becomes fluffy. Reduce the speed of the mixer and, add flour onto the mixture. Pour the cocoa and milk mixture slowly so that the batter becomes a smooth paste..
- Pour the mixture onto a 9 inch springform pan. If you are not using a nonstick pan you should butter the pan and then dust it with flour before pouring the mixture..
- Bake at 350 F for 30 – 35 mins, keep checking it after 25 mins, if the cake tester comes out clean then the cake is ready to take out of Oven. Let it cool..
- Wash the cherries, remove the seeds and cut it into two halves. Wash the strawberries, remove the leaves, and cut the strawberries into cubes. In a sauce pan, add 1 cup of granulated sugar, 2 Table spoon of water and the cherries and strawberries. Bring it to boil..
- When the sugar completely melts, turn off the stove. (Avoid overcooking the fruits.) Let it cool and then add the rose syrup and the whisky..
- Whip 1 1/2 cup fresh cream until it becomes firm. (When you take the whip out the cream should hold on to the whip).
- Level the cake and keep it in the springform pan and spread the cooked cherry and the strawberries and pour the syrup over the cake.You will have some extra syrup,you can use it later for decoration..
- Spread the whipped cream over the fruits. Grate some chocolates over the cake and pour some fruit syrup. Keep it in the refrigerator. Take it out when you are ready to serve. Remove the springform and slice the cake and serve..
It is frosted with whipped cream and covered with chocolate shavings and a few cherries for. This heavenly Vegan Black Forest Cake is incredibly delicious and made without any dairy ingredients. The recipe is simple and can also be made sugar-free and gluten-free. As far as I know, this cake recipe can be traced back to my German great-grandma. Make this gorgeous Black Forest Cake for your next occasion!