Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing.
You can make Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing
- You need 1 of (CAKE).
- It’s 200 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 150 grams of Dark chocolate, chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Self raising flour.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Caster sugar.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs, lightly beaten.
- It’s 3/4 cup of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Chopped walnuts.
- It’s 1 of (ICING).
- It’s 60 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 1/3 cup of Icing sugar.
- You need 60 grams of Dark chocolate.
- You need 1 tsp of Vanilla essence.
Chocolate Walnut Cake with Rich Chocolate Butter-Cream Icing instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 180*C..
- Brush a 20 x 5cm round cake tin with butter and line with grease paper..
- Place butter and chocolate (for cake) in a stainless mixing bowl and melt over a pot with boiling water..
- Stir until combined and remove from heat..
- Add flour, eggs, sugar & milk to mixture- whisk until smooth before folding in nuts..
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, smooth the surface and place into oven for 55 minutes (or until it passes the skewer test) then remove from oven..
- Allow cake 5 minutes in cake tin before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. Now you can work on your rich chocolate icing..
- (ICING) Place chocolate, butter & icing into a stainless steal mixing bowl and melt over a pot with boiling water. Remove from heat..
- Add icing sugar and whisk with hand mixer until smooth. Allow to cool. If you've timed it right, icing will harden just enough to spread over cooked cake..
- Sprinkle some chopped walnuts and choc chips over the top and enjoy with a nice hot coffee!.
recipe by ChrisO505 @cookpad