Are you looking for a mouth-watering and easy to prepare ham recipe that will leave your family and guests impressed? Look no further! The 3257 DIY Recipe Tasty Moist Spiral Ham is the perfect choice for any occasion. With just a few ingredients and a little bit of patience, you can make a ham that is moist, tender, and falls off the bone.
– 1 spiral-cut ham (7-9 pounds) – 1 cup brown sugar – 1/2 cup honey – 1/2 cup Dijon mustard – 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar – 1 teaspoon ground cloves
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. 2. Remove the ham from its packaging and place it in a large roasting pan. 3. In a medium bowl, combine the brown sugar, honey, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, and ground cloves. Stir until well blended. 4. Brush the glaze generously over the entire ham, making sure to get in between each spiral cut. 5. Cover the ham with aluminum foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes. 6. Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the ham reaches 140°F. 7. Remove the ham from the oven and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving.
– Calories: 350 per serving – Fat: 12g – Protein: 42g – Carbohydrates: 20g – Sodium: 1400mg
This delicious spiral ham recipe takes approximately 2 hours to cook.
– Large roasting pan – Aluminum foil – Medium bowl – Basting brush – Meat thermometer
This savory ham recipe pairs well with a variety of side dishes such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad. Serve with your favorite wine or beverage for a complete meal.
Variations and Substitutions
– You can substitute the Dijon mustard for honey mustard or spicy brown mustard for a different flavor profile. – If you prefer a sweeter taste, increase the amount of honey or brown sugar in the glaze. – To make a healthier version of this recipe, use a leaner cut of ham and reduce the amount of sugar in the glaze.
Leftover ham can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. To reheat, place the ham in a baking dish and cover with foil. Heat in the oven at 325°F for 15-20 minutes or until heated through.
Tips and Notes
– Make sure to baste the ham every 30 minutes to keep it moist and flavorful. – Use a meat thermometer to ensure the ham is cooked to perfection. – Let the ham rest for a few minutes before carving to allow the juices to redistribute.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I use a different type of ham for this recipe? A: Yes, you can use any type of ham you prefer, but keep in mind that the cooking time may vary depending on the size and cut of the ham. Q: Can I make this recipe in advance? A: Yes, you can prepare the glaze and store it in the refrigerator for up to 2 days before using.
Overall, this 3257 DIY Recipe Tasty Moist Spiral Ham is a winner! The sweet and tangy glaze adds the perfect flavor to the ham, and the meat is juicy and tender. It’s also easy to make and perfect for any occasion. I highly recommend giving it a try for your next family gathering or holiday meal. In conclusion, this delicious and moist spiral ham recipe is a must-try for any ham lover. It’s easy to make, packed with flavor, and falls off the bone. Don’t hesitate to make this recipe your own by adding your favorite ingredients or swapping out the glaze. Give it a try today and impress your family and friends with your culinary skills!