Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup. When you can't decide whether to make potato, ham, or broccoli-cheese soup, try this soup that combines them all! This is a soup for when the weather is bitter and you crave serious, starchy comfort food. I put this together one night when I couldn't decide whether to make potato, ham, or.
Because a broccoli soup always makes me feel good about myself. It makes me feel like I'm being really healthy. A satisyfing, creamy Broccoli and Potato Soup with cheese. You can cook Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup
- It’s 1 head of fresh brocolli.
- Prepare 2 cups of finely diced ham.
- You need 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 1/2 cup of butter.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of white cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 8 cups of potatoes (peeled & chopped).
- Prepare 12 cups of water.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- You need 6 slices of American cheese.
- You need 4 ounces of velveeta cheese.
Easy to make, with a quick recipe video included, this is a hearty yet healthy meal! This is a chunky Broccoli and Potato in a thick and creamy soup broth that's made with no cream. It's hearty, filling and surprisingly low-cal(ish), clocking. This broccoli potato cheese soup won't freeze well because of the dairy.
Potato broccoli ham and cheese soup instructions
- Place water potatoes and salt in 8 quart pot. Boil until tender, around 20 minutes. Simutaneously, chop broccoli florets and stem and steam until tender, around 15 minutes..
- While boiling potatoes and steaming broccoli, melt butter in pot and cook onions until translucent. Mix flour into butter and onions. Slowly add white cooking wine stirring constantly until it is a smooth consistency..
- Remove water from potatoes and add 8 cups to sauce. Stir in milk and bring mixture to a simmer. Slowly add American and velveeta cheese, stirring until smooth..
- Add potatoes, ham, broccoli and pepper to the mixture and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Serve with garlic toast..
recipe by Jarrod Milstead @cookpad
If you don't have cheddar, try using another flavorful, good melting cheese such as Gruyere cheese. You could also use cauliflower instead of broccoli in this potato soup recipe. This thick and creamy broccoli, cheese and potato soup is lick-the-bowl good! As the weather is getting cooler, it's the perfect soup to warm up and leftovers are great to pack for lunch. This creamy and cheesy potato soup with broccoli comes together quickly for an easy and quick weeknight meal that everyone will love.