Vegan thai red curry. This Thai red curry recipe is so easy to make at home! It's much tastier than takeout and healthier, too. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan and gluten free for all to enjoy.
Don't just make a vegan curry, make an AWESOME vegan curry! In this video I share with you my tricks and tips on how to maximize the umami in red curry. I don't care for average grocery store red curry pastes because I find them wimpy. You can cook Vegan thai red curry using 23 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan thai red curry
- You need of oil.
- You need of medium onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- It’s of medium bell pepper, seeds and membranes removed, thinly sliced.
- You need of medium potato, diced.
- Prepare of vegetable broth.
- You need of coconut milk.
- You need of medium diced fire-roasted tomatoes.
- It’s of red curry paste (recipe mentioned below).
- It’s of garlic, minced.
- Prepare of minced ginger.
- Prepare of small head of cauliflower, cut into florets.
- Prepare of carrot, cut into slices.
- It’s of cabbage, finely chopped.
- Prepare of corn (optional).
- It’s of large lime, juiced.
- It’s of Thai basil leaves, for garnish.
- Prepare of cooked rice.
- You need of each cumin and coriander seeds.
- You need of dry red spur chiles.
- Prepare of white pepper corns.
- Prepare of fresh coriander roots.
- It’s of sliced lemongrass.
- Prepare of Salt.
I find Thai Kitchen red curry paste extremely mild. If for some reason I'm out of the Maesri, I use the whole jar and then kick it up with Sriracha or Sambal Oelek. Vegan Thai red curry is a veggie take on this popular crowd pleaser! It's easy to make and delicious, naturally gluten-free too.
Vegan thai red curry step by step
- For making red curry paste : Add dried red chillies, 1 onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp ginger, 1 tbsp lemon juice, lemongrass, 1 tsp pepper, coriander roots, coriander and cumin seeds, salt, lemon zest in the food processor and make a smooth paste. Keep it aside to be used later..
- Heat over medium-high heat in a large skillet or saute pan. Add the onion and cook 5-8 minutes or until beginning to soften..
- Add the bell pepper, cabbage and potatoes and cook 2-3 minutes..
- Add the vegetable broth, coconut milk, tomatoes, red curry paste, garlic and ginger. Bring to a boil..
- Add the cauliflower florets. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 8-10 minutes..
- Add the carrots and corns. Cook another 5 minutes..
- Add 1 tbsp lime juice..
- Garnish with fresh Thai basil leaves.
- Serve with cooked rice..
recipe by Ankita Chakraborty @cookpad
This vegan Thai red curry is rich and creamy and deliciously spiced. Perfect for a fancy dinner or an easy weeknight meal. A good vegan Thai red curry is one of our all-time favorite things to eat. Well, Thailand itself is one of our favorite places in the world as a holiday. Thai Red Curry – everything we know and love about Thai food!