Green Eggs and Ham Savory Oatmeal. Savory oatmeal makes a great lunch or dinner. When the oatmeal is cooked, add mix-ins to the pot and stir until. Living Books – Green Eggs And Ham (Read To Me).
Oatmeal does not need the addition of any sweetener. Savory Oatmeal With Shiitake Mushrooms, Spinach and Poached Eggs. Ditch the brown sugar and whip this delicious savory oatmeal for breakfast. You can have Green Eggs and Ham Savory Oatmeal using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Green Eggs and Ham Savory Oatmeal
- It’s of Oats:.
- You need 1 tsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of old fashioned rolled oats.
- It’s Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Toppings:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp. of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large egg.
- It’s of Large handful spinach.
- You need 1 slice of deli ham, sliced into small pieces.
- Prepare to taste of salt and pepper.
Green Eggs and Ham Savory Oatmeal step by step
- In a medium pan, heat the tsp. oil over medium heat. Once it's hot, add the garlic and cook, stirring, for just a minute or so, until fragrant. Then stir in the oats. Add the water, milk and pinch of salt and increase the heat to med-high. Once it comes to a boil, lower the heat back down to med-low and cook, stirring often, until the liquid has mostly absorbed and the oats are softened, 5-8 minutes. Scoop the oats into a bowl and set aside..
- Heat the tbsp. olive oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Once it's hot, crack the egg into the skillet and cook until the white is set, but the yolk is still runny, flipping just once. Then place the egg on top of the oats and add the spinach and ham pieces to the skillet. Cook and stir until the spinach wilts down, then add that to the bowl as well. Season the whole thing with salt and pepper and enjoy..
recipe by Christina @cookpad
For an extra boost of taste and texture, add chili oil (or sesame. Porridge with sweet additions like fruit or spoonfuls of jam isn't a new concept, but savory oatmeal is something most people haven't tried. You can serve it with your favorite vegetables, and you can also add ham, poached eggs, and condiments like pesto or hollandaise sauce. Green Eggs and Ham is a children's book by Dr. There are always tons of green beans at the farmers market and they're usually really cheap but · This Chicken, Bacon and Avocado Chopped Salad is full of some of my favorite savory ingredients, and tossed with a delicious red wine vinaigrette.