Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham. Be sure to visit www.nhsforthvalley.com for more information. Test the saltiness of your ham by slicing a small piece off the end and frying it in a little oil. Recipe v Video v Dozer v.
Ham is what I like to use in this recipe, but bacon would work as well. A thin rice noodle dish, a semi staple dish of Rakhine State. Rakhine Mont de is either a salad with dry roasted conger eel and chili or as a soup. You can make Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham
- You need 1-1/2 pound of smoked ham I used Smithfield.
- Prepare 2 cup of long grain rice.
- You need 5 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 cup of frozen English peas.
- Prepare 1-1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of ground sage.
Fried rice is a great way to use up left overs–this version features ham, mushrooms, onions, carrots and peas. Thai Rice Noodles Rice Noodle Soups Gluten Free Soup Gluten Free Recipes Roast Gammon Onion Sprouts Food Hacks Tapas Macaroni And Cheese. Risi e bisi simply means rice and peas, and the dish is traditionally made with the fresh new peas of spring. If fresh peas are not available, you can Can't find prosciutto?
Roasted Rice, Peas, and Ham instructions
- Render the fat off the skin and fat..
- Cube some of the ham remove the skin and unrendered fat. Add the diced ham..
- Cook the ham till done and add the rice stirring the rice to coat with the drippings..
- When the rice is good and coated it will pick up all the bits off the bottom it will look like this..
- Add the peas and mix in..
- Add the water. This is the important step. Make sure the rice is off the bottom of the pan. Bring to a boil..
- Add to the oven, covered for 20 minutes check at 15 to make sure there is liquids in it. When taken out of the oven keep covered for 15 minutes..
- Serve I hope you enjoy.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad
Virginia ham is an excellent substitute. Remember dry cured hams are salty, so the more you add, the saltier the dish. Rinse parsley, shake dry and finely chop leaves. In a skillet, cook onion in hot oil until translucent. Learn how to make Fried Rice with Ham and Peas.