White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes. This recipe has evolved over the past eight years. After I added the thyme, ham and sour cream, my husband declared, "This is it!" I like to serve this rich, saucy entree with a salad and homemade French bread. —Hope Toole, Muscle Shoals, Alabama. This scalloped potatoes recipe is creamy, cheesy, and irresistibly delicious.
Briefly cooking the potatoes before baking means less time in the oven and ensures tender Use red-skinned potatoes or another low starch potato. Rosemary leaves add a wonderful flavor to these potatoes baked with white cheddar cheese – a tasty side dish. This scalloped potatoes recipe is made with the thickest, creamiest white cheddar cheese sauce you'll ever try. You can cook White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes
- Prepare 2 of large russet potatoes (peeled and sliced medium thin).
- You need 1/4 of White onion sliced.
- It’s 10-12 oz of white cheddar cheese condensed soup (see my recipe from scratch or use the can if you wish).
- You need 1 1/2 cups of white cheddar cheese shredded.
- You need 1/3 cup of heavy cream.
- You need 3 tbs of garlic pepper blend.
This scalloped potatoes recipe is the creamiest, most comforting dish of goodness ever. I make these for every holiday and they're always one of the first things gone! Be the first to review this recipe. I made it sans bacon, but may try it next time.
White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes instructions
- Preheat oven to 380°.
- In a medium-sized deep casserole dish (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray), layer the bottom with sliced potatoes..
- Spoon 1/3 of the cheddar soup onto the potato layer..
- Place 1/3 of the sliced onions..
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the shredded white cheddar..
- Sprinkle 1 tbs of the garlic pepper blend..
- Repeat 2 more times except the white cheddar on the last layer..
- Pour the heavy cream over the top and let it run down into the dish. Then spread the remainder of the white cheddar on top..
- Bake covered for 50 mins then remove cover and bake an additional 10-15 mins until top is browned..
WHITE CHEDDAR SCALLOPED POTATOES This recipe came from an estate sale. White Cheddar Scalloped Potatoes make a great side! Thinly sliced red potatoes are smothered in a creamy white cheddar sauce & baked with a crispy This particular version uses sliced red potatoes, thinly sliced onions and garlic and a creamy white cheddar sauce that we make from scratch! Scalloped potatoes come together with just a few basic ingredients from the pantry. To make these Scalloped Potatoes With Cheddar, you need good quality cheese.