Baking Powder Biscuits. Cut out in desired size and dip in melted shortening. Place biscuits on an ungreased baking sheet. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Put the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl. Traditional BAKING POWDER BISCUITS are heavenly when lavished with melted butter. This quick easy recipe yields six tender, flaky farmhouse-style biscuits. You can cook Baking Powder Biscuits using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baking Powder Biscuits
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 3/4 tbsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1/4 cup of oil.
These scrumptious, soft biscuits from scratch will remind you of the kind your grandma used to make. This is the ultimate homemade biscuits recipe for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter, and every day. Or to avoid leftover dough scraps, cut the dough into squares or diamonds with a bench knife or sharp knife. Put the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar in a bowl.
Baking Powder Biscuits instructions
- Mix dry ingredients together. I use less than all amounts of baking powder, baking soda, and salt..
- Add wet ingredients to dry and just mix until it forms a dough..
- Place on greased, foil-lined baking sheet, make a round shape about 3/4" thick, and score with a knife..
- Bake in 375 oven on middle rack for 20-22 minutes..
- Let rest for at least 2 minutes before serving..
Cut in the shortening until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add the milk all at once and stir just until the dough forms a ball around the fork. Generously brush tops of biscuits with cream. Transfer biscuits to a wire rack to cool. Combine flour, baking powder and salt.