Cherry Nut Cake.
You can have Cherry Nut Cake using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Cherry Nut Cake
- It’s 1 box of white cake mix (yellow will work also).
- It’s 1 of small box instant vanilla pudding (I prefer French vanilla).
- It’s 1 of small jar Maraschino cherries drained, but save the juice (reserve 3 tablespoons juice for frosting).
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts or pecans.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- It’s 1/3 cup of oil vegetable or canola.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water (up to 3/4 cup can be used, use your cherry juice minus 3 tablespoons, plus water to equal 1 cup).
- It’s of Cherry Buttercream icing (see last step of instructions if you want to use canned icing).
- You need 1 stick of room temperature butter or margarine.
- You need 3 tablespoon of Cherry juice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of vanilla.
- Prepare of Milk if needed.
- You need 4 cups of or more of Powdered sugar.
Cherry Nut Cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees farenheit.
- Chop 12 cherries into halves or thirds and put into mix last..
- Mix cake mix and pudding mix together..
- Set aside 3 tablespoons cherry juice for icing..
- Pour remaining cherry juice into a 1 cup measure and add water to equal one cup..
- To the dry mixture add the 1 cup of juice/water mixture, oil, eggs, beating about 2 minutes till well mixed then add 1/4 cup chopped nuts, chopped cherries and mix those in..
- Bake. Cupcakes take about 20 min, bundt 45-50 min, 9×13 pan 25-33 min. Use the cake mix instruction as a guide. Cake is done when toothpick inserted comes out clean..
- Cherry Buttercream icing, beat the butter, 3 tablespoons cherry juice and vanilla til well mixed. start adding powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing well,If mixture is too thin add more powdered sugar. Too thick add a splash of milk. Use at least 3 cups powdered sugar. Frost cake while frosting is still soft then sprinkle with remaining nuts, cut additional cherries in half and decorate cake. I refrigerate the cake until the icing is dry, then it can sit out at room temperature..
- You can use canned cream cheese icing, whip the cherry juice into it and add powdered sugar until icing is stiff..
recipe by cindybear @cookpad