Honey, Dates & Nut Cake # Mashujaa recipe#.
You can cook Honey, Dates & Nut Cake # Mashujaa recipe# using 13 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Honey, Dates & Nut Cake # Mashujaa recipe#
- Prepare 3/4 Cup of Milk.
- You need 1/2 Cup of dates, pitted.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/3 Cup of Shortening.
- You need 2/3 Cup of white sugar.
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 3/4 Cup of APF.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of chopped nuts (I used cashew nuts /walnuts).
- You need 1/3 Cup of raw honey.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
Honey, Dates & Nut Cake # Mashujaa recipe# instructions
- Prepare pan. Set aside..
- Warm milk and dates let it sit for 10mins. Break up the dates, I used a fork you can blend/ use food processor..
- Sift/ whisk together flour, salt, baking powder & soda, cinnamon powder. Set aside..
- Cream shortening for a minute. Add your sugars (honey & white) continue for 2minutes..
- Add one egg and vanilla essence then the other egg and mix till combined..
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture..
- Add 1/2 of the milk/dates mixture..
- Keep alternating and finish with last 1/3 of flour..
- Fold in your chopped nuts..
- Pour into tin and bake for 45 – 50 mins or until done!.
- Enjoy with a cuppa!!.
recipe by Kezengwa Irene @cookpad