Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies). Snowball cookies are part butter, part flour, and part confectioners' sugar. These pecan snowball cookies (also known as Mexican wedding cookies or Russian tea cakes) are incredibly buttery and easy to make. I love how easy these cookies are to make.
These delectable cookies are so very easy to make. First cream the butter and the powdered sugar until How to freeze and thaw Snowball Cookies aka Russian Tea Cakes and Mexican Wedding Cookies. They can be baked and frozen ahead of time. You can cook Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies)
- Prepare 1 cup of butter softened.
- You need 1/2 c of powder sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 2 1/4 cups of flour.
- Prepare 1 c of finely chopped pecans.
- You need 1 c of powdered sugar for dusting.
Also called Mexican Wedding, Snowball Cookies, or Tea Cookies, these Pecan Sandies have a melt-in-your-mouth crumbly texture. My recipe uses chopped pecans, which adds to the delicate buttery crumble. Since there is no egg that would give them a chewy texture, the butter, nuts and. Mexican Wedding Cookies – melt-in-your-mouth, buttery, pecan dotted cookies are rolled in Mexican Wedding Cookies.
Butter pecan snowball cookies (Mexican wedding cookies) instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In stand mixer cream butter and powdered sugar. Turn to low and mix in salt, vanilla, flour and pecans. Roll into one inch balls. Place on parchment covered baking sheets a few inches part. Bake for 11 minutes. Do not over bake.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool just enough to handle them. Pour 1 cup powdered sugar in large Ziploc bag. Gently add 3-4 cookies at a time and roll them gently in the bottom of the bag. Use fork to scoop under each cookie and gently shake to remove excess powdered sugar. Place on cooling racks. Once completely cooled roll in powdered sugar bag again.
Who knew one cookie could go by some many different names! I've actually already shared several snowball/wedding cookie recipes but this one is my favorite. Snowball Cookies (Mexican Wedding Cookies) are a festive holiday treat! Full of pecans, butter and sugar for melt-in-your-mouth cookies. Loaded with toasted pecans to give a little extra crunch and flavor to each ball.