Amaranth (Rajgira) cake with apricots & orange zest. In a pan or bowl take the amaranth/rajgira flour. I ground the flour at home using raw amaranth grains. ½ cup of amaranth grains yielded about ¾ cup flour. How to pop amaranth, amaranth is also known as rajgira and ramdana it is the seed of the amranthus plant and is an excellent gluten free option, especially.
Rinse the apricots, cut in half, remove the pits and cut into strips. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay the dough on the sheet and prick with a fork several times. You can make Amaranth (Rajgira) cake with apricots & orange zest using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Amaranth (Rajgira) cake with apricots & orange zest
- Prepare 100 gms of Amaranth (Rajgira).
- You need 50 gms of roasted oats powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 5-6 of chopped cashews.
- Prepare 1 cup of buttermilk.
- You need 2 cups of fresh cream.
- It’s 4 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of coconut oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of orange zest.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of rose essence.
- Prepare 4-5 of chopped apricots.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of wheat flour.
- You need Pinch of cinnamon powder.
- You need Pinch of salt.
Distribute the quark mixture evenly on top and cover with the apricots. Amaranth or rajgira has innumerable health benefits. While the seeds can be used fresh, dried, popped and flaked, flour is the most popular form From healthy snacks like Rajgira Buckwheat Brown Rice Flour Khakhra to wholesome meals like Dahiwale Aloo Ki Subzi with Rajgira Puris. Boost your fruits, smoothies, salads, yogurt and so much more.
Amaranth (Rajgira) cake with apricots & orange zest step by step
- Add 100 gms Amaranth to a mixer & blend into a fine powder..
- In a bowl, mix together powdered Amaranth, 50 gms roasted oats powder, 4 tbsp sugar, a pinch of salt, 2 tbsp coconut oil, 1 cup buttermilk & 2 cups fresh cream..
- Then add orange zest, 5-6 chopped cashews, 1/2 tsp rose essence. Mix it well & remove all the lumps..
- In a bowl mix 4-5 chopped apricots with 2 tbsp wheat flour and let it coat nicely. This will prevent the apricot pieces from falling when we cut the cake and the apricots will stick to the cake nicely..
- Now add these apricots to the cake batter, add 1/2 tsp baking soda & 1 tsp baking powder and mix well..
- Take silicon molds of different shapes. Add batter up to 3/4th of the mold as to allow the remaining space for the cake to rise..
- Place the mold in pre-heated oven at 200 degrees for around 20-25 minutes. Once baked remove the cakes from the oven & molds..
- Mix 2 tbsp honey & pinch of cardamom powder. Glaze the cakes with this mixture. Serve..
Vegan – Gluten Free – Non GMO – Good source of protein. No need to cook – Nutty toasty flavor – Amaranth is a complete protein with all essential amminoacids. This recipe for German apricot cake (aprikosenkuchen) may surprise you—the ingredients are pretty simple but the finished cake is delicious and complex in This recipe is very forgiving, so don't stress if your apricots aren't just ripe or are a little overripe. Use peaches if you don't like apricots or if their. Serve cake with apricots and syrup and whipped cream.