Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup. Garbanzo Bean Soup is a hearty and nutritious soup that can be enjoyed by itself or as part of a larger meal. I had bean soup at my local neighborhood restaurant that was amazing, I wanted to run home and recreate it. I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself.
Easy to make and a great way to use a leftover ham bone. This soup also has lots of mixed vegetables. Reviews for: Photos of Basic Ham and Bean Soup. You can have Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup
- Prepare 4 leaves of bay leaf.
- You need 1/4 cup of parsley.
- You need 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of rendered pork fat pieces caramelized.
- Prepare 1-1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- It’s 1 of large onion diced.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Prepare 6 cups of water.
- Prepare 6 cups of water for soaking.
- Prepare 12 ounces of dried Garbanzo beans.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of saffron flowers not the stems.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 of large limes.
But this Spanish bean soup is not just any soup. Rather, it is a soup sent straight from the soup gods (if Wash garbanzo beans in cold water, discarding any beans with visible inperfections. Tina gets leftover hambones from a local HoneyBaked Ham outpost, which I think is a genius idea considering. Add the chickpeas, the ham, the broad beans (or string beans), and the cubed potatoes and continue to simmer until the potatoes are tender.
Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup step by step
- Render the fat from some pork pieces pour the drippings aside for another recipe..
- Wash and look over the beans boil in 6 cups of water for 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat and soak for an hour. Drain..
- Add 6 cups of water to the beans with the caramelized pork fat pieces some of this has a lot of meat on it. Bring to a boil in the same pot you rendered the pork fat it should have pork bits in bottom. Deglaze with the water..
- Bring to a boil add the bay leaves, parsley, cilantro, onions, saffron flowers, and ham. When it boil turn on low cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the salt, white pepper powder, and ground cumin. Cover and simmer longer..
- After 1 hour add the juices of 1 lime.
- Add soup to a bowl, slice the second lime for a good squeeze of juice. I hope you enjoy!!.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad
Season the soup with salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste, and serve sprinkled with chopped parsley in large, deep soup plates. This simple soup is made with garbanzo beans, potatoes & savory sausage and is just bursting with deliciousness! This soup is a staple in the Tampa Bay Area. Now let me say y'all this is my version of this soup. (This is my disclaimer for all the die hards -lol) Some people use Chorizo and ham and it is. 병아리콩, 햄과 토마토를 이용해 끓이는 수프입니다. 햄대신 소시지를 이용하고 감자를 추가해도 맛이 좋습니다. This soup cooked with chickpeas, ham and tomatoes.