Ham and Eggs on Rye Pumpernickel Bread. Any rye flour works in this pumpernickel-rye bread recipe, but we recommend a dark rye. You'll end up with extra-savory loaves. Stir shredded ham, chopped eggs, celery, light mayonnaise, relish, onion, Dijon mustard, and black pepper together in a large bowl.
Pumpernickel has a rich dark-brown colour. Rye bread and pumpernickel bread are among some of the healthiest types of bread, but they are often overlooked for wheat products, despite their numerous benefits. Numerous benefits are provided by rye and pumpernickel bread through their high vitamin and nutrient content, including. You can cook Ham and Eggs on Rye Pumpernickel Bread using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and Eggs on Rye Pumpernickel Bread
- It’s 3 slices of rye pumpernickel bread.
- You need 2 slices of chopped ham luncheon meat.
- You need 1 cup of finely sliced iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of large duck egg.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of prepared Horseradish sauce.
- It’s To taste of salt.
Food & Wine's pumpernickel bread is perfect for sandwiches. Get the recipe at Food & Wine. Pumpernickel bread is a dark/heavy bread with lots of flavour in it. At lest the home made recipe I have, it is.
Ham and Eggs on Rye Pumpernickel Bread instructions
- Heat a skillet fry the egg.
- When done set aside and add some salt I use Pink Himalayan salts..
- Heat the ham slices.
- Turn and heat second side. This is to release any fats on the luncheon meat. Most ham is low in fat but chopped ham isn't. Set aside..
- Add mayonnaise to two slices of bread thinly. Add Horseradish sauce thick.
- Add lettuce.
- Add ham on one slice. Add the egg on the other side..
- Stack the sandwich.
- Slice the sandwich and serve I hope you enjoy!!.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad
Chocolate, Coffee, Rye and Whole wheat Even egg salad to name a few ingredients I've put between a couple slices of pumpernickel bread. I'm sure Google could provide a host of other. Pumpernickel Bread is Manganese and Selenium rich food which support for Antioxidant activity, Maintain blood sugar, Promote satiety and Proper bowel movement. A study shows that Pumpernickel bread possess four to eight times resistant starch with the breads. When I was looking for another dark Rye-bread I found Vollkornbrot in Jeffrey Hamelman's book.