Brad's pickled ham & bean soup w/ cheesey English muffins.
You can have Brad's pickled ham & bean soup w/ cheesey English muffins using 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's pickled ham & bean soup w/ cheesey English muffins
- You need 2 (15 Oz) of cans pinto beans.
- It’s 1 lb of ham steak, cubed.
- It’s 1/2 of small onion, chopped.
- It’s Half of tbs garlic powder.
- You need 1 tsp of each; white pepper, mustard seed,.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika, Chile flakes,.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 4-6 of allspice berries, depending on size.
- It’s 2 tbs of cider vinegar.
- You need of Mesa flour.
- You need of For the muffins.
- Prepare 4 of English muffins, split.
- You need of Butter.
- It’s 8 slices of cheddar cheese.
- It’s of Fresh rosemary.
- It’s of Tobasco sauce.
Brad's pickled ham & bean soup w/ cheesey English muffins step by step
- Add beans, onions, and ham to a LG saucepot. Just cover with water..
- Add rest of the bean ingredients except mesa. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 20-25 minutes. Stir often..
- Heat a dry fry pan over medium low heat. Butter split muffins. Toast in pan until golden brown..
- Place on a baking sheet. Place a cheese slice on top. Bake at 425 until cheese is well melted. 5-7 minutes.
- While bean soup is simmering, slowly add Mesa stirring constantly until soup is desired consistency. I used a little over 1/8 of a cup..
- Put bean soup in a bowl. Arrange muffins on top. Garnish with fresh rosemary and a few drops of tobasco sauce. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
recipe by wingmaster835 @cookpad