Carrot and walnut cake (vegan).
You can cook Carrot and walnut cake (vegan) using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Carrot and walnut cake (vegan)
- Prepare of extra virgin olive oil.
- It’s of coconut sugar.
- Prepare of apple sauce.
- Prepare of spelt flour.
- It’s of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need of baking powder.
- Prepare of ground cinnamon.
- It’s of ground cloves.
- It’s of ground cardamom.
- You need of salt.
- Prepare of carrots, grated – usually 4-5 carrots but of course depends on size.
- You need of walnuts.
- You need of baked in a 450g / 1lb cake tin.
Carrot and walnut cake (vegan) instructions
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line the tin with baking paper..
- In a bowl mix the oil, sugar and apple sauce..
- In a different bowl, mix all the dry ingredients except for the walnuts and carrots..
- Make a little dip in the middle of the dry ingredients and pour the oil mixture in. Stir until all mixed together..
- Add the walnuts and carrots and mix again..
- Pour the mix into the tin and bake for about 1 hr 15mins… Test if it’s ready by putting a skewer into the middle, when it comes out clean… the cake is done..
- Once baked, let it cool in the tin for 10-15 mins then turn it out onto a cooling rack. And it’s ready to eat! Enjoy 😋.
recipe by Alessandra @cookpad