Cheesey ham and potato casserole. While whisking, slowly pour in milk. Stir in ham and season with salt and pepper. This comfort food features slices of potatoes, ham and cheese in a creamy sauce with a golden au gratin crust on top.
Ham and potatoes smothered in a homemade cheesy sauce! It makes a big meal and it's not expensive to make! The best part is that it's very versatile… replace cheddar with swiss, replace ham with chicken… in this recipe, they will all. You can make Cheesey ham and potato casserole using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Cheesey ham and potato casserole
- You need 6 of small potatoes, peeled and cubed.
- Prepare 3 tbs of butter.
- You need 2 cups of chopped cooked ham.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- It’s 3 tbs of flour.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of milk.
- It’s 8 oz of shredded cheddar cheese.
- You need 1/4 cup of bread crumbs.
- You need of Salt & pepper.
By :From Freezer to Instant Pot Cookbook by Bruce Weinstein and Mark Scarbrough. The frozen, boneless ham steaks are fairly easy to break into pieces. It's perfect for making for parties and using leftover ham from the holidays! Welcome back to Easy Freezer Meals.
Cheesey ham and potato casserole step by step
- Boil potatoes 20 minutes. Drain..
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease baking dish.
- Melt 3 tbs butter in pot over medium heat, add onion, cook until tender, add ham and potatoes then place in dish.
- Melt 1/4 cup of butter in pot, add flour, add salt & pepper, gradually whisk in milk until thick, reduce heat, add cheddar cheese, pour sauce over the mixture in the dish, sprinkle bread crumbs on top.
- Cover with foil and cook 25-30 minutes.
recipe by LexiiMueller @cookpad
It has been a very busy few weeks here in our kitchen to say the least. Today we are making Cheesy ham and potato. Step two: Next place place frozen. You can substitute O'Brien potatoes with plain variety if you don't care for peppers and onions. Arrange half of sweet potaotoes on top.