Bacon and Sour Cream Biscuits FUSF. Who needs regular old biscuits when you could have these fluffy and flavorful French Onion Sour Cream Biscuits?! They are great spin on a southern classic! Just look at the gorgeous crumb on these little guys!
I recommend using the full four tablespoons of horseradish for a nice kick. I often have leftover sour cream on hand as well, which is precisely why I started experimenting with it in biscuits. These Sour Cream and Chive drop biscuits are so easy to make! You can have Bacon and Sour Cream Biscuits FUSF using 11 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Bacon and Sour Cream Biscuits FUSF
- Prepare 2 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of chilled butter.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tbsp of chilled lard.
- It’s 1/3 cup of milk.
- You need 1/3 cup of yogurt.
- It’s 1/3 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 3/4 lb of bacon.
- You need 4 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- Prepare of butter, kosher salt, and cane sugar to coat biscuits before baking.
Place biscuits back into the oven and continue. I love the flavor of sour cream biscuits with their subtle tanginess and soft texture. To make these biscuits as easy to make as possible, I highly recommend the use of a cookie scoop to portion the dough. It makes quick work of scooping the biscuit dough, and it helps ensure even baking by having.
Bacon and Sour Cream Biscuits FUSF instructions
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place bacon on wire rack in baking sheet. Coat with dark brown sugar..
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until crisp..
- Cool on rack..
- Dice bacon, reserve..
- Mix flour, salt, and baking powder in large mixing bowl..
- Take butter and lard out of refrigerator. Slice into thin pieces, add to flour mixture..
- With your fingers, rub butter and lard into flour mixture until they are pea-sized pieces, taking care to only use the tips of your fingers. Be sure to work quickly so the mixture does not heat up..
- Pour in liquid. Using a flexible bench scraper or spatula, lightly combine ingredients until the dough just comes together. It should be on the liquidy side..
- Add 3/4 of the bacon, reserving some for later. Fold lightly..
- Turn onto well-floured board. Sprinkle flour on top, and flour your rolling pin..
- Roll mixture out to approximately 8"x6" x2". Sprinkle sugar over dough..
- Using a metal bench scraper, fold 1/3 over to middle, then fold the other 1/3 over so there are 3 layers. Flour the top slightly, roll out again to 12"x6"x2", taking care to not work the dough too much..
- Using a large ring, cut 6 biscuits, taking care to not twist the ring. Place on half baking sheet lined with silpat or parchment. Gently rework dough into same approximate shape, cut and place biscuits on a second lined half sheet..
- Using a pastry brush, coat the tops of the biscuits. Sprinkle salt and sugar. Add the remaining bacon on top of biscuits..
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown on top, turning at 8 minutes..
- Drizzle hot biscuits with maple syrup and serve warm..
Sour cream has a wonderful way of helping produce tender baked goods, such as these delicate biscuits. Reviews for: Photos of Sour Cream Biscuits. Add sour cream in spoonfuls on top, add oil and mix til all is just moistened with a spoon. Switch to using your hands turning the dough to get all the last of the dry stuff on the bottom of the bowl. Our Bacon and Sour Cream Low Carb Muffins are easily reheated for a quick, high fat meal when you're on the run.