Easter Hot Cross Meat Pies# SpecialEasterContest.
You can make Easter Hot Cross Meat Pies# SpecialEasterContest using 14 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easter Hot Cross Meat Pies# SpecialEasterContest
- You need of For the dough.
- You need 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need Pinch of salt.
- It’s 250 g of cold butter(for a flaky pastry).
- It’s of Some cold water.
- Prepare of For the filling:.
- You need 300 grams of minced meat/ground beef.
- It’s of Green, red, yellow bell peppers (one type is OK too).
- It’s of Carrots, garlic, ginger.
- It’s of Onion.
- It’s of potatoes(if you have them).
- It’s of Preferred spices and salt.
- Prepare of Egg wash for coating- 1 egg plus 1 tsp of water/milk.
Easter Hot Cross Meat Pies# SpecialEasterContest step by step
- Making the dough Add your flour baking powder and salt into a ball. Add in the cold butter/margarine, mix it well till it forms crumb-like texture. Add in your cold water in bits till it forms a dough. Set it aside(preferably in the fridge) for about 30 mins..
- Heat up your pan and cook your onions, garlic and ginger. Add in your vegetables, potatoes, and the spice mix that you have. Let it cook till ready. Set it aside to cool. PS: I did not have most of the listed ingredients.But add they make great additions too..
- Divide your dough into balls. We will be making round meat pies.Roll out one ball. Use something circular to make a perfect circle..
- Take one of the circular disks and place some of the filling on it.
- Take a second disk and cover the it.Use a fork to seal the ends. Poke some holes on the pastry too.
- Repeat the procedure with the rest of the dough.
- Mix two tablespoon of all-purpose flour with a little water to create a thick paste. Create a cross impression on your dough and gently pour it over the "cross".
- You will have preheated your oven to 180 degrees C. Place in the pies for about 25-30 mins or till golden brown.
- 30 minutes later…. I made a different shape with the remaining dough I mixed some icing sugar and water.Poured them over the “cross” to emphasize it.You could also use chocolate. Yum!.
recipe by Pure @cookpad