PA Dutch Ham & Greenbeans.
You can cook PA Dutch Ham & Greenbeans using 5 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of PA Dutch Ham & Greenbeans
- You need 3 cups of cooked ham (can use leftovers or buy ham steaks).
- Prepare 6 cans of green beans.
- You need 6 of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ham soup base.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of pepper.
PA Dutch Ham & Greenbeans instructions
- In a large stock pot add 8 cups of water and 1 tablespoon soup base. Bring to a simmer over medium heat..
- Drain green beans (all but one can) and add all to simmering broth. Add ham to broth as well..
- Peel and quarter potatoes and add to broth..
- Stir well and add pepper. Simmer covered over LOW heat for approximately 45 minutes (stirring every ten minutes or so) or until potatoes are fork tender..
- Turn off heat and let sit for 15 minutes. Serve as you would soup or stew!.
recipe by The Hungry Housewife @cookpad