Apple and date muffins.
You can cook Apple and date muffins using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Apple and date muffins
- You need of the dry.
- It’s of plain flour.
- Prepare of sugar.
- You need of Baking powder.
- You need of fine salt.
- It’s of the wet.
- It’s of egg.
- You need of milk.
- You need of oil.
- It’s of the fruit.
- You need of apples, peeled, cored, chopped.
- It’s of dates.
- Prepare of boiling water.
- You need of bicarbonate soda (baking soda).
Apple and date muffins instructions
- Begin by adding destoned and chopped (or roughly torn) dates and the apples together with the boiling water and bicarb. Let sit and allow to cool. You can leave this to soak for an hour or so especially if you're dates are quite dry..
- Measure dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Whisk together by hand to get some air into it..
- Measure wet ingredients in jug and roughly beat egg into the milk and oil..
- Finally, dump all three mixtures together and stir with a spoon till fairly well combined..
- Spoon into a lined muffin tray and bake in preheated fan oven at 180°c for about 20 minutes. They should look well risen and caramel brown when done..
- Serve warm, or cold. As a snack by itself or even as a dessert with custard or cream out ice cream!.
recipe by Claire @cookpad