Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Ham Skillet. Brussels sprouts are simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and olive oil, then slow-roasted in a very hot oven until darkest brown. Roasted brussels sprouts are hands down the most delicious way to eat this nutritious veggie. I show you my favorite way to roast them while sharing some.
Ridiculously easy to make, there's not much to it. Crispy roasted Brussels sprouts don't need any embellishment; they are delicious as is. When selecting Brussels sprouts, look for firm, bright green heads with tightly packed leaves. You can make Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Ham Skillet using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Ham Skillet
- Prepare 2 T of EVOO or coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 lb of Brussels sprouts, quartered.
- It’s 4 oz of portobello mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 1 of med. sweet potato, cubed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sea salt.
- You need 12 oz of precooked ham, cubed.
- It’s 4 of eggs.
- It’s 1/4 c of Parmesan cheese, grated.
Sprinkle with flaky sea salt, if desired, and serve immediately. Roasted Brussels Sprouts are caramelized, flavorful and tender with crisp edges. Using just five ingredients, you will have delicious and healthy Brussels sprouts on the table in no time. It's quick and easy side dish to make, naturally gluten-free and vegan and healthy, easy to customize with favorite seasonings or sauces.
Roasted Brussels Sprouts & Ham Skillet instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- In large ovenproof skillet heat oil. Cook onion and garlic until translucent..
- Add Brussels sprouts, mushrooms, sweet potato and salt. Cook covered, stirring occasionally, until sprouts and mushrooms soften..
- Stir in ham. Use spoon to form four evenly spaced wells in mixture. Crack an egg in each well. Sprinkle cheese on top..
- Bake in oven 10-15 minutes, until egg white cooks..
recipe by Sue @cookpad
Toss cold sprouts onto salads, or re-warm either in the microwave and pop back in the oven for a few minutes, until crisp again. Roasted Brussels sprouts are addictively crunchy and the perfect side dish for almost any occasion. If you often order roasted Brussels sprouts at restaurants, you're in for a treat. Along with Lima beans, probably the most infamous object of children's fear and loathing in the food world. Roasted brussels sprouts soak up this delicious honey sauce, creating a combo you just can't beat.