Ham and Swiss Skillet Chicken. Easter may be different this year but it can still be delicious! Make it special with my Skillet Chicken, Ham, and Swiss Cordon Bleu! This quick chicken dinner is basically comfort and coziness in a dish.
Top each chicken breast with a ham slice, mushrooms, and a cheese slice. All Reviews for Ham and Swiss Skillet. Ham and Swiss Skillet. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can have Ham and Swiss Skillet Chicken using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ham and Swiss Skillet Chicken
- You need 4 of Boneless Chicken Breasts.
- Prepare 1 of Italian Bread Crumbs (as much as needed).
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 1 of Enough Oil To Cook Chicken In.
- Prepare 4 of Slices Smoked Or Cooked Ham.
- Prepare 6 of Slices Swiss Cheese.
- Prepare 1 can of Cream Of Celery Soup.
- You need 1 can of Cream Of Chicken Soup.
- It’s 1/4 cup of White Wine.
- You need 2 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 1 of Couple Pinches Of Dried Sage.
- You need 1 of Salt And Pepper To Taste.
- Prepare 1 of Parsley (For Garnish).
An easy weeknight chicken dish your family will LOVE! Remove the chicken from the skillet. Season the chicken with salt and ground black pepper. Add the chicken to the skillet and cook until it's well browned on both sides.
Ham and Swiss Skillet Chicken instructions
- Pound chicken breasts between wax paper or plastic wrap to about an 1/2 inch thick..
- Dip each chicken breast into beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs..
- While your chicken is cooking, mix your soups, 2 slices swiss cheese ( torn up), wine, milk, sage, salt and pepper. *** More milk may be added to reach desired consistancy. Simmer..
- After you heat your oil, cook your chicken breasts until golden brown and done. About 10 minutes each side. Remove from pan drain on paper towels. Empty excess oil from your pan also..
- Return chicken breasts to pan. Top with slice of Ham, a piece of cheese and a bit of the sauce. Cover and cook until cheese is all melted all nice and hot! Spoon extra sauce over rice and more over the chicken if you like! Sprinkle with parsley and Enjoy!.
recipe by Valarie @cookpad
This five ingredient Ham and Swiss Stromboli is filled with ham, Swiss cheese, bacon and green onions. The combo of flavors is delicious. This Ham and Swiss Stromboli graces our table on busy weeknights. Serve with coleslaw or chips at your next family gathering! Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.