Fried ham and egg salad. Stir shredded ham, chopped eggs, celery, light mayonnaise, relish, onion, Dijon mustard, and black pepper together in a large bowl. My modifications: Used more egg than ham chopped up a dill pickle instead of using relish used horseradish mustard omitted the onion added tarragon and celery seed. Ham and eggs go great together so I figured why not put some ham in my egg salad?
It has been described as a staple of "an old-fashioned American breakfast" and of the traditional English. A deliciously simple, no-fuss salad with honey roast ham. Click now to find out more for this recipe from Sainsbury's. You can make Fried ham and egg salad using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fried ham and egg salad
- It’s 1/3 lb of ground smoked ham.
- It’s 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- It’s 1 tsp of yellow prepared mustard.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dill weed.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cilantro.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of chopped parsley.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
Bring a pan of water to the boil. Remove with a slotted spoon and run under cold water to cool. Chopped cooked ham, typically leftover from a holiday ham, and boiled eggs, come together with celery, green onion, mayo, mustard and a little Cajun seasoning, for a southern favorite – Ham and Egg Salad. Great egg salad with a little something extra.
Fried ham and egg salad instructions
- In a frying pan add butter. When the butter melts add ham, and fry..
- After 3 minutes add eggs mix stirring constantly..
- When eggs are done move it to a bowl add cilantro, parsley, and dill weed. Mix serve. Hope you enjoy!.
- serve on crackers, by itself, sandwiches, and so on..
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad
Great egg salad with a little something extra. Delicious for regular sandwiches and also finger sandwiches, or on large sturdy crackers (like the Swedish rye crisps). It consists of fried eggs and ham on white bread — it sometimes includes cheese. There are plenty of variations, but the most standard one is made white bread, ham and eggs, and sometimes Dutch cheese. It's simple and super quick to make at home for your own breakfast, lunch or late-night snack.