Stuffed Crust Ham and Cheese Pockets.
You can cook Stuffed Crust Ham and Cheese Pockets using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stuffed Crust Ham and Cheese Pockets
- Prepare 2 1/2 of cups all purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of Real butter cut into chunks (salted or not whatever you prefer).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shortening.
- You need 1 pinch of of salt.
- Prepare 2 of teaspoons garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of iced water.
- Prepare 2 of cups shredded mozzarella cheese.
- You need 1 cup of any other cheese you love. I used sharp cheddar today.
- Prepare 1 of to 2 cups of cubed ham.
- You need 3 tbsp of melted butter for brushing crust.
Stuffed Crust Ham and Cheese Pockets instructions
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- For the crust: mix salt, garlic powder and flour..
- Add butter and shortening and mix until crumbly. (I use my hands).
- Carefully add the iced water (but not the ice) a little at a time until dough is soft but not sticky.
- Separate dough into 6 equal parts. And on a floured surface, roll each into about 1/4 inch thick circle..
- Place ham and cheeses in center of dough, leaving about an inch of dough all the way around..
- Carefully fold in half. Press edges together, then place a small amount of mozzarella on the edge..
- Fold over and gently pinch the dough with damp fingers to seal..
- Brush pastries with butter and bake until golden brown. About 15 to 20 minutes..
- Let rest before serving for 10 minutes..
recipe by CountryCook @cookpad