Buttermilk Biscuit. Flaky, buttery buttermilk biscuits are perfect any time of day. Transfer biscuits to the prepared baking sheet. Press an indent into the top of each biscuit with your thumb.
Hopefully, you'll enjoy these buttermilk biscuits as much as my family and I do!* These buttermilk biscuits are authentic. This recipe came from my great-great-grandmother, and was handed down to all the women in my family, and we are all Southern. I am the first one to commit the. You can have Buttermilk Biscuit using 6 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Buttermilk Biscuit
- It’s 2 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 5 tablespoons of cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes.
- It’s 3/4 cup of cold milk.
- You need 3/4 tablespoon of lemon juice/vinegar.
Buttermilk has a tendency to separate a bit in the carton, so be sure to shake it well before measuring. These Classic Southern Buttermilk Biscuits are light, tender, and the perfect match for a slice of ham, melted butter and honey, your favorite jam, or smothered in country gravy! After baking hundreds of Southern buttermilk biscuit recipes, our Test Kitchen landed on this winning recipe for Our Favorite Buttermilk Biscuits. This no-fail biscuit recipe will make you look like a pro.
Buttermilk Biscuit instructions
- Mix lemon juice with milk. Stir and let it sit for 5 – 10 minutes in the refrigerator. This mixture is the buttermilk..
- Preheat the oven to 450°F..
- Put the dry ingredients in the food processor. Pulse several times to mix. Add the butter cubes..
- Pulse until the pieces are no bigger than peas..
- Add buttermilk and pulse until dough comes together..
- Lightly dust with flour the working surface and knead gently about 3-4 times to bring it together..
- Roll the dough into a 9×5-inch rectangle and about 1/2-inch thick..
- Fold the dough into thirds like a business letter..
- Repeat this step, roll the dough into a 9×5-inch rectangle about 1/2-inch thick, and again fold it into thirds like a letter..
- Finally roll the dough out to 3/4-inch thickness. Using a round cutter, cut biscuits from the dough (don't twist the cutter, use a straight up and straight down motion)..
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 1 inch of space between them. Brush the biscuits with melted butter..
- Bake for about 11-12 minutes. Transfer the biscuits to a wire rack to cool for a few minutes and serve warm..
The recipe for these four-ingredient biscuits has been handed down for many generations. —Fran Thompson, Tarboro, North Carolina. For exquisitely flaky biscuits, F&W's Grace Parisi makes sure to do two things: Use lots of cold butter and chill the dough before baking it. Buttermilk Biscuits are an amazingly flaky, buttery addition to any meal. Buttermilk Pie Tastes Exactly Like Crème Brûlée. How to Make PERECT Buttermilk Biscuits that are tall, flaky, and tender.