Chocolate black bean balls – vegan. So I kept searching for a good binding agent, and my friends, I finally found one. Helped me train for the half marathon last weekend. These little guys have this name because they pack an energy punch!
I know, I know, you've likely seen one of the many black bean brownie recipes floating around the web. You'll rinse away most of the salt when you rinse the beans, and the little bit of salt is need to bring out the flavor of the chocolate. Black Bean Brownies – the ultra fudgy and decadent chocolate treat. You can have Chocolate black bean balls – vegan using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Chocolate black bean balls – vegan
- It’s of Basic recipe.
- Prepare of can black beans, drained and rinsed a few times.
- It’s of almond butter.
- Prepare of raw cacao powder (depending on how chocolatey you want it!).
- Prepare of maple syrup.
- It’s of sea salt.
- It’s of vanilla extract.
- It’s of plant milk (depends on the consistency of the almond butter).
- You need of coconut sugar/ jaggery/ Sugavida.
- You need of Possible toppings.
- Prepare of Cacao powder.
- It’s of Toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s of Desiccated coconut.
- Prepare of Melted raw or 85% chocolate.
- It’s of Possible flavour combinations.
- Prepare of Sour cherries chopped finely and an extra dash of vanilla extract.
- Prepare of Orange zest and ground ginger.
- It’s of Ground cloves or allspice.
Edit: Thank you to everyone who has been asking… For the ultimate test, my roommate brought two pans of the vegan black bean brownies into work and set them down on the table without revealing the secret or saying they were. This comfort meal is hearty, satisfying, gluten-fee, and easy to make. Enjoy them over mashed potatoes or spaghetti. They also taste delicious with rice!
Chocolate black bean balls – vegan instructions
- Put all the ingredients from the ‘basic recipe’ in a blender. Blend til smooth. Depending on your blender, this can take a while. Keep scraping down the sides and keep going!.
- Put the mix in a bowl. If you’re using different flavour combinations, separate out into more bowls and add your fruit/ spices/ etc. Stir in well..
- Get your toppings ready… your hands will get a bit dirty for this part!.
- Take a teaspoon of the mix. Roll into a ball. Roll in your topping of choice. Place on a plate/ lined tray (something you can put in the fridge). If the mixture starts to get a bit warm, pop it in the fridge for 5-10 mins..
- When you’re done, put them in the fridge for 10 mins before enjoying 😋 And keep them in the fridge in an airtight container. They keep for about a week..
recipe by Alessandra @cookpad
A healthy, easy to make, homemade vegan Chocolate Brownie Black Bean Protein Bar. Delicious – so good you'll forget it's good for you! I remembered the black bean brownies I make on occasion. Perfect way to make a rich, fudgie chocolate, nutrient loaded protein bar. The perfect healthy-ish dessert to satisfy chocolate cravings!