Cheese biscuits. While biscuits are baking mix melted butter and minced garlic. Brush garlic butter over hot baked biscuits. The cheese gives these biscuits an unforgettable flavor, and buttermilk makes them especially light." "THE BREAD at this meal sometimes varied, but we loved Mother's cheese biscuits best.
The sharp does give the biscuits a distinctively different flavor and is worth trying if you love cheese! Buttermilk baking mix does the trick in these savory biscuits, with the addition of Cheddar cheese, garlic, parsley and milk. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cream of tartar. You can cook Cheese biscuits using 4 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheese biscuits
- You need 2 cups of Bisquick.
- It’s 2 cups of grated cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 8 oz of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 stick of melted butter.
Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. The cheese biscuits are easy to make and taste great. I made them the biscuits the night before, chucked them into freezer and baked them straight from the freezer into the oven. Make my morning less chaotic and I have breakfast on the table in no time.
Cheese biscuits instructions
- Toss Bisquick and cheese together in bowl. NOTE: Freshly grated cheese works much better than the packaged grated cheese..
- Melt butter..
- Add sour cream to melted butter and mix well.
- Stir butter sour cream mixture into Bisquick cheese until combined.
- Spoon into mini muffin tins. Makes 24 mini muffins..
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes..
To make the biscuits using a food processor: Cut the cheese into a few chunks. Place the cheese and flour into the work bowl of your food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth; the cheese will be very finely chopped. Add the cream, and pulse until the dough becomes cohesive. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured work surface.