Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's).
You can cook Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's) using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's)
- You need 8 oz of Chopped Dates.
- It’s 4 oz of Chopped Glazed (Candied) Cherries.
- You need 1 Cup of Coarseley Chopped Walnuts.
- It’s 1 Cup of Coarsely Chopped Pecans.
- Prepare 3 Cups of Flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 of Teasponse of Baking Soda.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Salt.
- You need 1 Cup of Butter.
- Prepare 1 3/4 cups of Sugar.
- It’s 3 of eggs.
- You need 1 Cup of Butter milk.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla.
- You need 1 cup of White Sugar.
- It’s 1 Cup of Orange Juice.
- Prepare of Grated Rind of 1 Orange.
- Prepare 1 cup of shredded Coconut.
Danish Cake (Betty Wilson's) instructions
- In Bowl #1 add the following: 8 oz Chopped Dates; 4 oz Chopped Glazed (Candied) Cherries; 1 cup Coarsely Chopped Walnuts; 1 Cup Coarsely Chopped Pecans.
- In Bowl #2 stir together the following: 3 cups of flour; 1 1/2 Teaspoons of Baking Soda; 1 Teaspoon of Salt. Take about 1/3 of contents of Bowl #2 mixture and add to Bowl #1 to coat the nuts/dates/cherries..
- In Bowl #3 mix in a mixer the following (in order): 1 Cup Butter; 1 3/4 cups Sugar; While Mixing in Bowl #3 add: 3 eggs plus the remaining ingredients of Bowl #2 then 1 Cup of Buttermilk; 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice; 1 teaspoon vanilla..
- After mixing Bowl #3 well, mix in Bowl #1 (Date/Nuts/Cherries) to uniform consistency.
- Prepare 9" Tube cake pan by greasing the pan well, then lining with aluminum foil and greasing the inside of the foil as well. Place the mixture of Bowl #3, evenly distributed around the pan. Bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes at 350 degrees (375 degrees at altitudes over 4000').
- While it's baking combine 1 Cup white sugar, 1 Cup Orange Juice, and the grated find of 1 orange in a sauce pan. Mix well and bring to a boil over medium heat..
- Remove cake from oven, test with toothpick to make sure it's done. The toothpick should come out clean when done..
- Remove Orange Juice (sauce pan) from heat and add 1 cup shredded coconut (Mix well) and Pour Orange Juice & Coconut Mix over cake in the pan..
- Cover the cake in the pan with foil and let stand in refrigerator overnight before removing from the pan. Keep sealed and refrigerated for best flavor and longevity. Enjoy.
recipe by Brent.firstname.lastname@example.org @cookpad