My Mom's Spanish bean soup.
You can make My Mom's Spanish bean soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of My Mom's Spanish bean soup
- You need 5 lb of potatoes.
- Prepare 1 gallon of chickpeas.
- It’s 1 tbsp of saffron threads.
- You need 1 of large hambone.
- It’s 1/2 lb of ham.
- Prepare 1 1/4 lb of beef chuck steak.
- Prepare 1/4 lb of salt pork.
- You need 12 cup of water.
- You need 3/4 lb of Spanish chorizo sausage the one from Spain.
- Prepare 2 of large onions.
- It’s of salt.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of minced garlic, the mild quarter cup strong garlic.
My Mom's Spanish bean soup instructions
- In a huge pot add 10 cups of water. Bring to boil..
- Add your meats. Cover cook till done. Take the meat out. Take the meat off the bone. Then chop all of meat into bite sized pieces..
- Add all the meat back into the soup. Here is an option chop the onions and add into soup, or leave whole if some doesn't like to eat onions. Add last 2 cups of water..
- Add garlic and saffron. Stir well. While it boils, peel the potatoes chop into cubes. Add into pot along with the chickpeas..
- Cook till potatoes are fork tender over low heat. Serve with Cuban bread, hope you enjoy!.
- This soup can be frozen. Just add water to thin out when you defrost it.
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad