Cheesy ham & potatoes. I usually make this to use up leftover ham. This is easy to adapt with other ingredients. I don't put celery in mine.
This comfort food features slices of potatoes, ham and cheese in a creamy sauce with a golden au gratin crust on top. Made with cubed ham, fresh corn, and flavorful thyme, this dish is an easier twist on a soufflé. While using two types of Cheddar cheese might seem fussy, it's not. You can cook Cheesy ham & potatoes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cheesy ham & potatoes
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 1 of sm yellow onion, finely chopped.
- You need 2 packages of cooked ham steaks.
- It’s 3 tbs of AP flour.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 1/2 c of milk.
- You need of to taste Kosher salt & pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Italian seasoning.
- It’s 1/2 bag of little potatoes (i used red -the littlepotatocompany).
- You need 1 cup (1/2 bag) of your fav shredded cheese.
- It’s of Optional: crushed red pepper.
The extra-sharp adds more tang and the sharp Cheddar cheese balances this. All Reviews for Cheesy Ham, Corn, and Grits Bake. This Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup is easy to throw together, and will quickly become a family favorite. It's my favorite meal on a cold chilly day, and tastes amazing.
Cheesy ham & potatoes step by step
- Preheat oven to 375. In med saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onions & let cook, stirring occasionally for about 4 minutes. While that is cooking, chop ham into small pieces..
- Sprinkle flour & paprika & let cook, stirring occasionally. While whisking, add milk. Bring to a simmer & whisk until thick. Stir in ham, salt, pepper & Italian seasoning..
- Cut potatoes in half, spread across a 8×8 or 9×9 pan. Sprinkle salt & pepper over potatoes. Spoon sauce over potatoes. *Optional: sprinkle crushed red pepper flakes.*.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Put aluminum foil over pan & let cook for 40 min (to really get potatoes soft). Then remove aluminum foil & let cook 25 minutes. Let cool..
recipe by Elyse Rose @cookpad
Enjoy this cheesy ham recipe slow cooked for dinner using Whole Kernel Corn, Red and Green Peppers. MORE+ LESS Cheesy ham & broccoli pasta. Add the pasta and broccoli, then stir in the cheese, coating everything in the sauce. Layer the ham, broccoli, Parmesan cheese, cheddar cheese and the sauteed onion in the crust-lined plate. This cheesy ham chowder is the most mouthwatering solution!