Christmas morning breakfast bake.
You can have Christmas morning breakfast bake using 8 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Christmas morning breakfast bake
- You need 1 packages of bacon.
- You need 1 lb of Breakfast Sausage.
- It’s 1 each of Ham steak.
- It’s 1 packages of Tater tots, I use the " crown" shape.
- It’s 1/4 cup of dehydrated, minced onions. Fresh chopped onions work just as well. Whichever you prefer..
- It’s 1 dozen of eggs, you may need more or less depending on the pan you use & if you add milk or not..
- Prepare 2 packages of shredded sharp cheddar cheese.
- It’s 2 can of sliced mushrooms – drained, optional.
Christmas morning breakfast bake step by step
- The night before..
- Brown the sausage..
- Dice and brown the ham..
- Bake the bacon in a 350° oven until crispy. I start checking at 25-30 minutes..
- Let the meats cool, crumble the bacon, then put in containers & refrigerate..
- Christmas morning.
- Bake the tater tots according to package directions. When done baking reduce oven temp to 350°. By the time the dish is assembled the oven should be at the right temp..
- Place all of the precooked meats in a skillet over med-low heat, stirring occasionally until warmed through..
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until nicely scrambled. I put milk in mine, but that is optional..
- Season the eggs to your taste. Add the onions and most of the cheese to the eggs..
- In a 9 x 13 baking dish layer the meats and tots. If using mushrooms, add them..
- Pour the egg mixture into the dish. It should come just to the top of the other ingredients..
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes..
- When it is almost done, remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Return to the oven long enough for cheese to get bubbly and melty..
- Serve in squares and enjoy..
recipe by Tina @cookpad