Eggs with Ham and Honey Redeyed Gravy. Learn how to make a real Old Fashioned Southern Breakfast comfort food, Red-Eye gravy with country ham, fried eggs, grits and biscuits! This is a taste test/review of three Mountain House Freeze Dried meals including Biscuits & Gravy, Scrambled Eggs with Ham & Peppers and Breakfast Skillet. Redeye gravy uses coffee as a dark, bitter, almost chocolatey base.
Serve with eggs, grits, cornbread, or biscuits. And a cup of coffee, of course! Be the first to rate & review! You can have Eggs with Ham and Honey Redeyed Gravy using 6 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Eggs with Ham and Honey Redeyed Gravy
- Prepare 4 of large eggs.
- Prepare To taste of salt.
- It’s 1/4 pound of sliced smoked ham.
- It’s 1 cup of strong coffee.
- You need 1/4 cup of honey.
- You need 1/3 cup of peanut oil.
Fry ham on both sides until browned. Stir coffee and salt into the hot oil. Return to a boil over medium heat, stirring to get any bits of ham that may be stuck to the pan. Can't choose between biscuits and gravy and an egg sandwich?
Eggs with Ham and Honey Redeyed Gravy instructions
- Beat the eggs and salt, cook scrambled till done. Slice the ham and fry in hot oil till done. Remove and set aside. Pour off all but 1/4 cup of the liquids. The rendered fat will increase the amount you have..
- Add 1 cup of strong coffee, with the honey. Stir often and allow the liquids to reduce. Pour the redeye gravy over the top of the ham. Add the eggs and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!! The redeye gravy is good with grits, polenta, mashed potatoes, homefries, elbow macaroni, and so on..
recipe by skunkmonkey101 @cookpad
Ham Gravy – Homemade ham gravy made with leftover ham drippings. Delicious side dish recipe with ham Dinner just wouldn't be the same without gravy to smother over our sliced ham and mashed So if you glaze your ham, like with this pineapple honey glazed ham, the flavoring from that glaze will. Top each with a slice of ham and a fried egg. See great recipes for Eggs with Ham and Honey Redeyed Gravy too! Encore: Egg Roll in a Bowl.