Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries.
You can make Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries
- It’s of for the dough….
- Prepare 1/2 kg of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 stick of unsalted butter melted.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of white sugar.
- It’s 2 can of heavy cream(170g each).
- It’s of for filling….
- You need 400 grams of date paste.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tbsp of unsalted melted butter.
- You need 1 of powder sugar for dusting.
Pam's version home made(MA'AMOUL)date filled cookies/pastries step by step
- in a large bowl combine flour,heavy cream,butter and sugar untill dough is formed.cover set aside for 15 min.
- in another bowl your date paste in..add ground cinnamon and butter mix kneaded to combine out of it make a date ball in equal amount set aside..
- grab your dough measure equal amount formed like a ball but bit bigger than your date filling ball..flatten and get date ball fill your dough wrap it and roll in your palm and then get your ma'amoul molding press inside then tap to come out(if you dont have ma'amoul molding leave it as it is )line them in baking sheet bake 10 to 15 minute in a preaheated oven(350)untill light brown on the bottom.let it cool and roll in powdered sugar..
- served with coffee or tea!enjoy….
- the good thing is you can store it in an airtight container at room temperature even a week :).
recipe by pamelarochelle @cookpad