Vickys Tres Leche Cake, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Tres Leche Cake, GF DF EF SF NF using 20 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Tres Leche Cake, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of Cake.
- Prepare of ground flax seed.
- It’s of warm water.
- It’s of granulated sugar.
- You need of full fat coconut milk.
- You need of pure olive oil.
- You need of vanilla extract.
- You need of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare of ground almonds or coconut flour.
- It’s of baking powder.
- Prepare of xanthan gum (if using gluten-free flour).
- You need of Sauce.
- Prepare of full fat coconut milk.
- You need of almond milk or light coconut milk.
- Prepare of coconut cream.
- Prepare of vanilla extract.
- It’s of Topping.
- Prepare of whipped coconut cream – see recipe link below.
- You need of desiccated coconut.
- You need of flaked almonds (optional).
Vickys Tres Leche Cake, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and grease & line an 8"square or 9" round cake tin.
- Mix the flax and water together and set aside until it turns thick and gelatinous.
- Beat together the sugar, milk, oil and vanilla until the sugar has dissolved, then add the flax mixture and stir in.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, ground almonds / coconut flour, baking powder and xanthan gum if using. I suggest using my gluten-free flour mix number 3 attached below https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338081-vickys-gluten-free-flour-mix-3-breads-muffins-cookie-bars.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and beat until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the lined tin and bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until the cake pulls away from the sides of the tin and is lightly golden on top.
- Let stand in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. While the cake cools a little bit, using a toothpick or skewer, poke holes all over the cake surface a half inch apart.
- To make the tres leche sauce, whisk the coconut milk, almond milk / light coconut milk and coconut cream together in a saucepan over a medium heat until warmed through.
- Place the still warm cake onto a plate then very slowly, spoon the warm sauce over the entire thing, tilting the cake as needed to help disperse the sauce and stop it from pooling in the middle. The holes should help with this. When the cake stops absorbing the sauce, reserve any extra you have to serve with the cake later.
- Cover the cake with clingfilm and put it in the fridge for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- Cut the chilled cake into equal pieces. Top each piece with a dollop of whipped coconut cream and sprinkle with some desiccated coconut or flaked almonds https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338524-vickys-whipped-coconut-cream-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.
recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook @cookpad