You can have Dates Halwa using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Dates Halwa
- Prepare of any large/medjool dates pitted.
- It’s of ghee.
- Prepare of pistachios chopped finely.
- Prepare of almonds chopped finely.
- Prepare of walnuts chopped finely.
- Prepare of pine/any other nuts of your choice.
- You need of hot water.
- It’s of plain milk.
Dates Halwa step by step
- Add the pitted dates in a bowl full of hot water for 1-2 hours to soften them.
- Post soaking, discard the water and blend the dates into a clear purée.
- Melt the ghee in a wok.
- Add the dates purée and sauté on Low heat by stirring constantly.
- After about 7-8 minutes, add the milk and mix well.
- Now keep mixing the dates mixture till it thickens and looks glossy(add more ghee if needed).
- Once done, add the mixture into a greased plate/ tin..
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts and seeds and let the halwa rest and set for atleast 1 hour(if wanting to cut into smaller portions).
- Or serve right away and enjoy!!.
- For more interesting recipe do check out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrRiXQZZrIUv4bE9gvy12aA.
recipe by A Chef and A Mom @cookpad