Rich Chocolate Pound Cake Valentine's Day.
You can make Rich Chocolate Pound Cake Valentine's Day using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you make it.
Ingredients of Rich Chocolate Pound Cake Valentine's Day
- Prepare 70 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 30 grams of Cocoa powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 2 of Eggs.
- You need 80 grams of Unsalted margarine (or butter).
- Prepare 50 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 45 grams of Walnuts.
- It’s 1 of Chocolate bar (dark).
- You need 50 ml of Heavy cream.
Rich Chocolate Pound Cake Valentine's Day step by step
- Sift the cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder. Bring the eggs back to room temperature and beat them. Break the chocolate and walnuts into small pieces..
- Line the mold with parchment paper..
- Bring the margarine back to room temperature, and cream it using a handheld mixer. Add granulated sugar in two separate additions, and mix until the sugar has dissolved and it becomes pale in color..
- Add the eggs little by little, and mix well with each addition. Be careful not to let the mixture separate..
- Microwave the chocolate for 2 minutes on a heatproof plate. If it has not melted throughly, stir with a spoon and it will melt with the remaining heat. Microwave the heavy cream for 20 seconds and mix it with the chocolate..
- Add the chocolate from step 5 into the mixture from step 4 and beat together..
- Sift the previously sifted powdered ingredients into the batter from step 6 and fold with a rubber spatula (be careful not to overwork the batter). Add walnuts and fold in quickly. Preheat the oven to 170°C..
- Pour the batter into the mold and flatten the surface with a spatula. Bang it a couple of times onto the table from about 20cm high to get rid of the air bubbles. Bake at 170°C for 40 minutes..
- Make a shallow incision in the middle of the cake about 20 minutes into the baking process, for a nice crack when finished baking..
- Remove from the mold when baked, and wrap with plastic wrap when cooled. The cake tastes better the next day..
recipe by cookpad.japan @cookpad