Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread. Welcome to another week of What's for Dinner! Hope you find some inspiration here! This includes: Ham & Beans, cornbread, & fried potatoes Cheesy Potato.
Add the ham hock, onion and garlic. Season with chili powder, salt and pepper. You know, when I was in seventh grade, my mom took me to New York City. You can make Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread using 13 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread
- Prepare 1 of smoked Ham (or just use a ham steak).
- It’s of Fresh Green Beans (as many as you want).
- You need of Red potatoes (not too many).
- You need 1 pack of smoked bacon (reserve the grease).
- It’s 1 stick of butter (cut up).
- You need 1 of medium onion.
- Prepare 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 2 of chicken bouillon cubes (crushed).
- It’s of Water (I used 2 bottled waters).
- You need of Garlic salt.
- Prepare of Black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of white sugar.
- You need of Cornbread.
Beans and Cornbread: Feeding Souls a Mile Deep. Simmered all day with a slug of fatback, brown Garlicky pinto beans, sweet potatoes, and green chilies are lovingly wrapped in a spicy crust and A Texas inspired Pinto Beans with Ham Hock Recipe that is seasoned with plenty of chili powder and. Serve with fresh, sliced tomatoes and corn bread for a great Southern meal. I made this tonight with a spiral ham that I had from leftovers from the night before.
Ham and Beans with Potatoes and Cornbread instructions
- Go through your beans and cut off the ends and cut them the way you like then soak them in water.
- Cut up your ham the way you like your pieces reserving any you don't use including the bone in a Ziploc bag in the freezer.
- Set your oven to 400 degrees and place the whole pack of bacon on a baking sheet Cook it anywhere from 15-20 minutes depending on your oven and depending on the cut of the bacon.
- When done place bacon to drain and reserve the grease then start making your corn bread and put it in the oven (that is another recipe).
- Wash and scrub your potatoes and leave them whole or cut up if too big.
- Cut up onion and garlic and set aside and cut your bacon into tiny pieces for later.
- Pour the water out from your beans and add to the pot then add bacon grease and stir to coat them well with the grease.
- Then add your water, chicken bouillon cubes, onion, garlic, garlic salt, pepper and sugar to the pot.
- Then put in your ham and stir then add potatoes and butter then lock it up and set for 30 minutes on pressure cook.
- When done add bacon pieces and stir ENJOY 😋💋💗.
- Don't forget to take your corn bread out of the oven !! 😝.
- Cooks note* If you don't like your ham cooked anymore than it already is in the package then don't add it until the beans and potatoes are done then set to pressure cook for 3 minutes with the beans and potatoes after all a smoked ham is already cooked.
recipe by ⚡Welderwoman⚡ @cookpad
I skipped the chicken broth and just went with potatoes, green beans, ham using spiral pieces and cubed parts off the bone and used a large. Country Green Beans and Potatoes with Ham in the pressure cooker. I used fresh, seasonal green beans and red potatoes from the farm, and chicken stock and seasonings. We soaked up the pot likker as we smooshed the potatoes and wiped up the rest with cornbread. Ham and Beans and Homemade Cornbread.