Spring pork in the oven pot with citrus.
You can have Spring pork in the oven pot with citrus using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Spring pork in the oven pot with citrus
- Prepare of pork ham without bone, cut into portions.
- It’s of large potatoes, coarsely chopped.
- It’s of large carrots (cut into large pieces).
- You need of garlic.
- You need of Juice of 2 fresh oranges and two large pieces of orange peel.
- Prepare of Juice of 2 fresh lemons and two large pieces of lemon peel.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of oregano.
- You need of Fresh rosemary.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare of Ground pepper.
Spring pork in the oven pot with citrus instructions
- We prefer to choose pork ham that has some fat on it, catted into large pieces. The night before, place the meat in a large pan. Squeeze the oranges and lemons, but before squeezing them, keep a few pieces of peel from both of them. Put the juice in a large jar with a lid. Add the garlic gloves to the jar, the rosemary buds and the oregano..
- Put the juice in a large jar with a lid. Add the garlic gloves to the jar, the rosemary buds and the oregano. Put some olive oil in a bowl add the vegetable stock cube and place it in the microwave for 15 seconds to soften. Dissolve well the cube with the olive oil using a fork and add it to the jar with the rest of the marinade ingredients, add the rest of the olive oil. Close the jar with the lid and beat well to mix all the ingredients. Pour the marinade over the meat and add the citrus peel.
- Cover with gelatin and place in the fridge. Let it marinate all night (If you do not have that much time, leave it, at least in marinade for 4 hours). The next day, take the meat bowl out of the fridge and leave it, until reach room temperature..
- Peel the potatoes and slice them. Place them in the oven pot. Peel the carrots, chopped them and add them in the oven pot. Lightly salt (do not forget that we have put in the marinade the vegetable stock cube) and add some extra pepper on top. Preheat the at 200 degrees C, use the up and down resistances. Mix the potatoes with the carrots, so that the salt and pepper go everywhere..
- Then place the pieces of marinated pork on top of them. Pour over the marinade. Place the pot in the oven uncovered and bake for 45 minutes..
- After 45 minutes, cover the oven pot and continue baking for another 2 hours. Bon Appetit.
recipe by Fragoulis K @cookpad