Thanksgiving Candied Yams. Place sweet potatoes in a medium baking dish. For many, candied yams are an indispensable part of the Thanksgiving meal, along with mashed potatoes and homemade cranberry sauce. Though candied yams might be super sweet.
Baked Candied Yams – Soul Food Style! These candied yams are a must for Thanksgiving! These candied yams can be made with or without marshmallows. You can have Thanksgiving Candied Yams using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Thanksgiving Candied Yams
- It’s 7 pound of canned Yams drained.
- It’s 10 ounces of package of marshmallows.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/3 teaspoon of ground cloves.
- It’s 1/3 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1 cup of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter soften.
As a child, the marshmallows were my daughter's favorite part. This post may contain affiliate links. Made with sugar, cinnamon, and mini marshmallows, these Candied Yams-Sweet Potatoes are sure to be. Candied yams are actually made from sweet potatoes, these tubers are native to the Americas.
Thanksgiving Candied Yams instructions
- Preheat oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the spices..
- Put the yams in an oven safe dish sprinkle with the spices. Sprinkle with the pecans.
- Add brown sugar to the top but spread it around. Dollap the butter on top.
- Put the marshmallows on top..
- Put in the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let rest for 7 minutes covered and serve..
- I hope you enjoy!.
Candied yams are popular here in the South, especially for Thanksgiving. View top rated Candied yam thanksgiving recipes with ratings and reviews. Louisiana Candied Yams, Candied Yam Pie/Spiced Whipped Cream, Candied Yams, etc. Candied yams, garnet sweet potatoes, glazed with a brown sugar, ginger, cinnamon, orange sauce. Perfect for Thanksgiving and the holidays!