Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita).
You can have Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita)
- It’s of Butter.
- Prepare of Sugar.
- It’s of Eggs.
- You need of Walnuts.
- It’s of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare of Baking Powder.
- You need of Cinnamon.
- Prepare of Syrup :.
- You need of Sugar.
- Prepare of Cognac.
- You need of Water.
Greek Walnut Cake (Karydopita) instructions
- In a large bowl add in the sugar, butter, and egg yolks and beat until well combined. In a smaller bowl whisk the egg whites into a smooth meringue. Add half of the meringue into the mix and continue beating, slowly pour the rest of the meringue and whisk until it has become one smooth mixture. Toss in the walnuts, the flour, baking powder, and the rest of the ingredients, and beat until it has become one big mass..
- Tip: Add the baking powder into the flour and mix together before adding into the egg mix. I also add a bit of Cognac in the mixture before baking because it gives the cake a bit more of a taste of Cognac. 🙂.
- Take a buttered pan and add your cake mix and place in the oven at 190 degrees for 1/2 hour. In the meantime, in a small sauce pan add in the water, sugar and cognac, stir and let boil on very low heat..
- Once the cake has been baked, add the syrup and let it sit until the cake as absorbed the syrup. Let it cool for at least 1 hour before serving. You can add whip cream, or ice cream on the side for a twist. 🙂 Kali Orexi! 🙂.
recipe by Foodzesty @cookpad