Mini Marbled Pound Cake.
You can have Mini Marbled Pound Cake using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mini Marbled Pound Cake
- Prepare 4 tbsp. of unsalted butter, softened to room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, room temperature.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1/8 tsp. of baking powder.
- Prepare 3 tbsp. of + 1 tsp. milk, divided.
- You need 2 tbsp. of cocoa powder.
Mini Marbled Pound Cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a mini loaf tin (5 3/4 x 3 x 2") with non-stick cooking spray and set aside..
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy and lighter in color. Then mix in the egg and vanilla..
- Mix in about half of the flour mixture and the baking powder. Then mix in the 3 tbsp. of milk, then the remaining flour, until just combined..
- Move 2 heaping tbsp. of the batter to a separate bowl…this will be your chocolate batter. Pour the remaining batter into the loaf tin..
- To the additional 2 tbsp. of batter, stir in the remaining 1 tsp. of milk and the cocoa powder. Once well blended, place dollops of the chocolate batter over the top of the other batter and swirl it together with either a toothpick or knife..
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean with just a few moist crumbs. You may want to cover you loaf tin loosely with foil after the 25 minute mark. This isn't called for in the original recipe, but I think mine browned a bit too much around the edges..
- Once done, place the muffin tin on a wire rack to cool completely before removing from the pan. Slice and enjoy!.