'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna.
You can have 'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna using 24 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you make that.
Ingredients of 'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna
- Prepare of For the pancakes/crepes.
- Prepare 1 of and 1/2 cups – All purpose flour.
- You need 1 of – Egg.
- Prepare of Salt.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s of For the Masala Filling.
- You need 1/2 of Kg- Chicken Boneless.
- You need 7 of small – Onion.
- It’s 6 of – Green chilly.
- Prepare 3 Tsp of – Ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of – Turmeric powder.
- It’s 3/4 Tsp of – Red Chilly powder.
- You need 1 Tbsp of (I used eastern Chicken Masala) – Chicken Masala.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of – Garam Masala.
- It’s 1/4 of Tsp- Fennel powder.
- It’s 2 Sprigs of – Curry Leaves chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of cup- Coriander Leaves chopped.
- It’s of Salt.
- Prepare of Ghee – melted.
- Prepare of For the coating.
- You need 5 of – Eggs.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of – Milk.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of – Pepper powder.
- It’s 1 pinch of Salt -.
'Chatti Pathiri' – Layered Pathiri – Indian Lasagna instructions
- Masala Preparation.
- Boil chicken pieces with little salt, turmeric and pepper powder. Let the chicken absorb all the water. Cool it down and shred/cut into pieces..
- In a pan heat oil, add finely chopped onion and green chillies. Fry till onions turns translucent and little brown..
- Add ginger-garlic paste. Sauté till the raw smell goes. Add a sprig of chopped curry leaves to it..
- Add the masala powders and salt to it. Sauté well for few minutes. Now add the shredded chicken to it. Mix well and cook closed for 5 minutes.The masala should be a dry. Garnish with coriander leaves. Remove from fire and keep aside to cool..
- Making Pancakes/Crepes.
- Mix flour,egg,salt and enough water in a blender. Blend it to a thin batter. Now heat a nonstick pan on a medium heat. Pour a ladle full of batter to the pan and swirl it to a thin round shape using the back of the spoon, like how you swirl it for making dosa. Cook on both the sides. (Do not have to make it crispy).
- Prepare crepes using the remaining batter, you may get up to 10 -12 crepes out of this batter. Keep it aside. Make sure that the pancakes do not stick to each other, it might be a pain to separate them. Do not change the heat of the pan..
- For Coating.
- In a wide plate/bowl, beat the eggs and milk, add salt and pepper powder.(I found plate easy)..
- You can use a small or medium sized non-stick sauce pan/frying pan for the final cooking. With this you will get a cake shaped Chatti pathiri. Now grease the sauce pan with ghee..
- Take a pancake/crepe and dip it in "For coating" mixture..
- Place this as the first layer of the "Chatti Pathiri". Spread 1 to 2 tablespoon of the chicken filling evenly over the crepe.Pour a spoon of coating on the sides of the layer and press the masala..
- Now dip the next crepe in egg mixture, make the second layer, spread chicken filling and repeat the same as for the first layer..
- Continue doing the same, until you get the final top layer as the crepe..
- Pour the remaining coating mixture onto the sides and top of the crepe. Drizzle a tablespoon of ghee on the sides and top of the crepe..
- Hold both the sides of the sauce pan and give a small shake so that the coating gets through the sides of the pan..
- Cover it with a lid and cook on very low fire for about 30 – 45 minutes.In between check it. If you see the sides golden brown in colour, off the flame and cover it with a plate and gently flip it over..
- Grease the pan with 2 teaspoon of ghee, gently transfer the chatti pathiri to the pan, but with the top side down.This is done to get a light brown colour on the top side of it. Just cook for 2 minutes. Off the flame..
- Remove from stove and again cover the pan with a plate and slowly flip it over. Cool it down and cut like a cake and serve..
recipe by Preetha Soumyan @cookpad